Sunday, July 28, 2013

Being a Mother Made Me a More 'Fearless' Actress

Few roles are as challenging as being a mom. 

Jessica Alba has found that out over the past five years. And it's given the actress and mother of two a new perspective on her acting career. In short, she's not as daunted as she used to be. 

"[Having my kids] was the best time of my life. I love it," Alba, 31, tells Washingtonian magazine. 

"I feel more fearless as an actress after becoming a mother, which is quite liberating. I'm ready to take on heavier roles, where before I was nitpicky and afraid of so many things. I don't have that filter anymore." 




Alba, who has two young daughters, Honor and Haven, with husband Cash Warren, has a new book out called The Honest Life, which offers tips on creating a healthy, eco-friendly lifestyle for one's family. 

Earlier this week, at a Flywheel Sports & Baby2Baby cycling event she hosted in West Hollywood, Alba told PEOPLE that when it came to getting back into shape after having her babies, she had "a diet and exercise routine [consisting of] blood, sweat and a little bit of tears."

And, as she told the magazine, "I'm still so passionate about acting and having that as a creative outlet, and it's a big part of who I am. I'll never stop acting." 

1 comment: